Mississauga City Council has taken the following actions to provide residents with financial relief during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Interim tax payment deferral
April, May and June interim property tax due dates are deferred by 90 days. Notices will be sent to all impacted taxpayers advising of the new due dates and other relevant information.
Stormwater charge deferral
- The stormwater charge has been deferred for 90 days. The Region of Peel is delaying the April 1, 2020 water and wastewater rate increase until July 2020.
- There will also be a 91-day grace period for water bill payments due from April 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020. There will be no late payment charges during this time.
- You can ride MiWay for FREE! PRESTO, ticket and cash fares are not required until further notice.
- Refunds for monthly pass holders are currently being reviewed.
Suspension of parking enforcement
Parking enforcement is suspended for:
- On-street time limits such as five and 15 hour parking
- Overnight 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. parking restrictions
- Overnight permits are not required until further notice
These offences may be enforced in exceptional circumstances to ensure the safe movement of vehicles. All other parking offences will continue to be enforced to maintain public safety.